- 2.5 pounds of beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces of beer (Corona or an IPA)
- 8 six-inch tortillas (try both flour and corn)
- 1 purple onion
***AT THE END***FRY YOUR TORTILLAS!***DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS***
- In a frying pan add about 4 or 5 tablespoons of olive oil and fry your tortillas for a moment. Just watch them toast and pull them.
- Lime Salted Slaw
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of salt to boil in sauce pan
- 4 ounces fresco cheese, crumbled
- Pickled Onions
- 1 purple onion
- 4 limes juiced
Mexican Street Corn
- 4 ears of corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 limes juice
- Chili powder
- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped Cilantro
Directions for the Short Ribs
(Do this early in the morning)! Get your short ribs and make the seasoning mixing in a small bowl (salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin). Pan sear your short ribs in a large skillet in butter for about a minute. Take them out and put them in the crockpot and then sprinkle your seasoning over them. Add your beer. Turn your crockpot on low and let them cook for 8 hours. At hour 7 go and turn them over in the sauce one time.The meat will literally be falling off the bones! Remove the bones and shred the beef.
Directions for the Pickled Onions
- Thinly slice one onion, place in a bowl, add the juice of four limes, and place in the fridge.
- Directions for the Salted Lime Slaw
- In a large bowl combine your cabbage, lime zest, lime juice, and a bit of salt. Then put in the fridge. Also! Scroll down to the God's Own Shrimp Tacos and make the "Sanctified Slaw." I tried it on these and it was brilliant!!
Toasted Cumin Sour Cream
Take about 2 table spoons of cumin seeds and toast them for about a minute in your skillet. Scrape them into about 2 cups worth of sour cream, add 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, stir well. Place this is the fridge and let the flavors meld.
Directions for the Mexican Street Corn
Preheat oven to 325. Cover the corn in olive oil, add salt and pepper, and roast in your oven for about 35-40 minutes. Take out and add light mayo (heavy if you like), sprinkle with chili powder, cilantro, and a wedge of lime juice.